Advanced for Small Drinking Water Systems (O.Reg 319/08) – CEU: 0.7
This course reviews the duties and responsibilities of small drinking water system owners and operators under Ontario Regulation 319/08.Participants will learn about the different characteristics of drinking water sources, multi-step approach to treatment and maintenance of system equipment. This session will also review proper monitoring, sampling techniques and responding to water quality issues.
NOTE: The content of this course is specific to small systems that utilize UV and chlorine for primary disinfection, and may have secondary disinfection requirements because they have a distribution system. For drinking water system owners and operators with a single connection with no chlorine disinfection requirement, please refer to Basics for Small Drinking Water Systems (O. Reg. 319/08).
By the end of this session, participants will have gained an understanding of:
• Small drinking water system duties and responsibilities
• Multi Barrier treatment equipment used in small systems
• Operational and maintenance checks for the treatment and system equipment
• Knowledge of distribution and storage systems maintenance
• Responding to potential drinking water quality issues
Delivery Methods Possible
Classroom, On Site
Visit our course registration page to view the upcoming schedule!