Walkerton Clean Water Centre – Agency Information
The Walkerton Clean Water Centre (the Centre) is a board-governed operational service agency of the Government of Ontario. The Centre coordinates and provides mandatory training required by the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (the Ministry), specialized training, and information to drinking water system owners, operators, operating authorities and the public.
We provide system owners, operators, and operating authorities the education, information, and advice they need to provide clean, safe drinking water.
Clean safe water for everyone in Ontario.
The objects of the Centre are to do the following, either alone or in conjunction with other organizations:
- To co-ordinate and deliver education and training for owners, operators and operating authorities of drinking water systems.
- To provide information, education and advice to owners, operators and operating authorities of drinking water systems and to the public about,
- the treatment of water necessary to ensure that drinking water is safe,
- the equipment and technology used to ensure that drinking water is safe
- the operational requirements necessary to ensure that drinking water is safe, and
- other environmental issues related to drinking water.
- To sponsor research into any activities related to its objects.
- To provide advice to the Minister on research and development priorities to achieve and maintain safe drinking water.
- To conduct such further activities, consistent with its objects, as are described in any policy direction issued by the Minister or as set out in any agreement with the Minister.
Statement of Values
- Welcoming each other’s differences, we work as a team to deliver high-quality products and services.
- Continually improving by listening and adapting to our customers’ needs.
- Working to help ensure access to safe drinking water through mutual trust with our clients, partners, and colleagues.
- Cultivating a positive environment that encourages ideas, innovation, and collaboration.