Performing Service Taps on Watermains – CEU: 0.7
This one-day course combines classroom and hands-on training, and is designed to provide participants with best practices that operators should follow in order to safely tap into a potable water distribution main.
Areas of study include:
– basic theory of service tapping on various types of watermains
– best practice tapping techniques for cast iron, ductile iron and PVC watermains
– day to day applications, as well as speciality applications in industrial settings
– regulatory and legislative requirements
– importance of maintenance records and formats
– the uses of various service tapping machines, and the safe operation of each machine
– perform installations using various types of tapping saddles
– identify leaks and other deficiencies with tapping saddles and equipment
– disassemble and re-assemble internal and external parts of various equipment
– effective general maintenance of equipment and tools
Please note: Participants are required to wear approved steel-toed protective footwear.
This course is designed to target an audience of licensed water operators, consultants, engineers and private water maintenance personnel.
Delivery Methods Possible
Classroom, On Site
Visit our course registration page for our upcoming course schedule!