This course outlines the main components of the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) and its associated regulations. It highlights items that have been proclaimed in the SDWA and their significance. The course also explains obligations of owner/operators of municipal and non-municipal systems as stipulated in the drinking water regulations. Flowcharts and other schematics are used to illustrate the regulatory requirements.
Areas of study include:
• The Ontario drinking water quality standards regulation – O.Reg. 169/03
• The drinking water testing services regulation – O.Reg. 248/03
• The drinking water systems regulation – O.Reg. 170/03
• The small system regulation (do not serve designated facilities)
• Certification of drinking water system operators and water quality analysts – O.Reg. 128/04
This course will benefit managers and operators of municipal drinking water systems, owners and operators of non-municipal systems, Public Health officers, Ministry inspectors and consulting engineers dealing with design of drinking water systems.
Delivery Methods Possible
Classroom, On Site, Virtual