More than 80 per cent of Ontario’s population receives their drinking water from a municipal drinking water system. Municipalities, source protection authorities and others all play a strong role in ensuring that municipally treated drinking water is safe for our use (Conservation Ontario, 2021).
The following resources were collected for their relevance to source water protection planning.
For more information about source water protection, contact the agencies listed below:
Visit our online library’s main webpage to find more resources on topics related to drinking water.
Source Protection Plan Regions
- Ausable Bayfield Maitland Valley
- Catfish Creek
- Credit Valley, Toronto Region, and Central Lake Ontario Region
- Essex Region
- Grand River
- Halton-Hamilton Region
- Kettle Creek
- Long Point Region
- Mattagami Region
- Niagara Peninsula
- North Bay-Mattawa
- Raisin-South Nation
- Saugeen, Grey Sauble, Northern Bruce Peninsula Source Protection Region
- Sault Ste. Marie
- South Georgian Bay Lake Simcoe
- Thames-Sydenham and Region
Tools & Resources
Disponible en français.