September 3, 2019
Ninth Annual Maintenancefest A Success
The Walkerton Clean Water Centre (WCWC) hosted the ninth annual Maintenancefest in Walkerton on August 27 and 28, 2019.
Maintenancefest is a unique hands-on event that allows participants to cycle through six training modules of their choice, out of a total of 12 modules, earning 1.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) over the course of two days. Training modules included:
- Backflow and Cross Connection
- Basics of SCADA Programming
- Basics of Utility Locates
- Completing Logbook and Logsheet Entries
- Concrete Pressure Pipe Tapping Awareness
- Hydrostatic Pressure Testing
- Jar Testing
- Leak Detection
- Pressure Control Valves
- Unidirectional Flushing
- UV Maintenance
- Well and Well Pump Monitoring
Maintenancefest is one of the most popular training events delivered each year by WCWC. This year, more than 100 participants attended. Feedback was extremely positive and 92 per cent of survey respondents indicated they would recommend the event to others.
For more information on any WCWC training, please visit wcwc.ca, or contact us at 866-515-0550 or email@example.com.