Performing Inspection and Maintenance of Fire Hydrants – CEU: 0.7
This course combines classroom and hands-on training, and is designed to provide participants with the knowledge required to locate, maintain and operate fire hydrants. Fire hydrant operation is required so that adequate fire flow is available when needed.
Areas of study include:
– basic theory of wet and dry barrel hydrants
– applications of day-to-day uses as well as specialty application in an industrial setting
– regulatory and legislative requirements
– importance of maintenance records and formats
– safe operation of a fire hydrant
– general inspection
– identifying leaks and other deficiencies with the fire hydrant
– general flushing techniques
– disassembling and assembling internal and external parts of various dry barrel hydrants
This course is designed to target an audience of licensed water operators, field maintenance/inspectors, consultants/engineers or fire fighters.
Delivery Methods Possible
Classroom, On Site