Performing Service Taps on Watermains
CEU Value 0.7
This one-day course combines classroom and hands-on training, and is designed to provide participants with best practices that operators should follow in order to safely tap into a potable water distribution main.
Areas of study include:
– basic theory of service tapping on various types of watermains
– best practice tapping techniques for cast iron, ductile iron and PVC watermains
– day to day applications, as well as speciality applications in industrial settings
– regulatory and legislative requirements
– importance of maintenance records and formats
– the uses of various service tapping machines, and the safe operation of each machine
– perform installations using various types of tapping saddles
– identify leaks and other deficiencies with tapping saddles and equipment
– disassemble and re-assemble internal and external parts of various equipment
– effective general maintenance of equipment and tools
Please note: Participants are required to wear approved steel-toed protective footwear.
This course is designed to target an audience of licensed water operators, consultants, engineers and private water maintenance personnel.
Delivery Methods Possible
Classroom, On Site