This course specifically examines chloraminated drinking water facilities and utilities with high concentrations of ammonia in their water source that could cause nitrification.
Participants will learn the history of chloramination, the formation of chloramine and the basics of nitrification. Participants will also gain an understanding of the importance of monitoring for chemical surrogates to characterize their water and interpret the extent of nitrification in the system.
To register for this course or to view other training courses available, visit WCWC Training – Walkerton Clean Water Centre.
- How to monitor nitrification in the field (3:29)
- How to analyze nitrite (2:13)
- How to analyze nitrate (2:25)
- How to analyze pH and temperature (2:23)
- How to analyze monochloramine and free ammonia (3:30)
- How to analyze total ammonia (2:56)
- How to analyze free chlorine (5:36)
- How to analyze total chlorine (5:44)
- Monitoring nitrification parameters: PPA vs. spectrophotometer analysis (2:49)
Disponible en français.Read More