The following series of technical bulletins were created for water supply well owners.
They summarize information found in the Water Supply Wells: Requirements and Best Management Practices manual published by the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks.
- Completing the New Well’s Structure
- Flowing Wells
- Installing Equipment in a Well
- New Construction of the Hole, Casing, Well Screen and Annular Space
- Siting a New Well
- Well Abandonment: When to Plug and Seal a Well
- Well Abandonment: How to Plug and Seal a Well
- Well Construction Licensing
- Well Disinfection
- Well Maintenance
- Well Repairs and Other Alterations
The following fact sheets describe different well components for learning purposes.
Common Well Components
The following resources provide information on private wells.
WCWC commonly receives questions pertaining to treatment, health and testing related to drinking water. The links provided below contain information that may be helpful for private homeowners and members of the public.
Home Water Testing
Home Water Treatment & Plumbing
Source Water Protection
Water Quality & Health
Water Related Emergencies