Ultraviolet Light Treatment of Drinking Water – CEU 0.7
This course covers all aspects of UV light treatment of drinking water including theory, design, operations, maintenance and validation of UV systems. Applications such as protozoa inactivation and advanced oxidation are discussed.
Participants will learn about the components of UV disinfection technologies and the advantages and disadvantages of using UV as a disinfectant.
Areas of study include:
– Water Resources and Quality
– Basics of Water Treatment
– Regulatory Requirements for Disinfection
– Basics of UV
– UV Disinfection Equipment
– UV Transmittance
– UV System Validation
– Treatment of Environmental Contaminants
– Engineering Design Considerations for UV Facilities
– Operation and Maintenance
This course will be of special interest to managers and drinking water operators in water treatment facilities using UV treatment or considering UV for treatment.
Delivery Methods Possible
Classroom, On Site
Visit our course registration page to view our upcoming schedule!