Water Valve Operation & Maintenance – CEU: 0.7
This course prepares water system operators, both novice and experienced, to correctly operate a variety of valves common to typical water systems.
Areas of study include:
– Benefits of proper exercising of water valves
– Essential valve information required prior to exercising
– Commonly encountered valve operational deficiencies
– Corrosion processes that affect valve condition
– Common causes of water valve failure
– Comparison of older gate valves with modern valve technology
– Detailed description of operation of a typical gate valve ‘system’
– Definition of water hammer
– Gate valve evolution
– Introduction to gear-activated large diameter valves
– Butterfly valve technology
– Air Valves
– Air management in water systems
– Air valve inspection procedure
– Introduction to Pressure Reducing Valves
Municipal water utility field staff, supervisors, managers, contractors, water utility construction inspectors, private water system authorities, and water system design personnel.
Delivery Methods Possible
Classroom, On Site
Visit our course registration page to view our upcoming schedule!