SMALL SYSTEMS ZONE
Ontario Regulations 170/03 and 128/04 require that operators of the following system categories may hold the applicable Class 1- 4 drinking water system certificate or a Limited System certificate:
- small municipal residential systems (groundwater)
- non-municipal year-round residential system
- designated facility serving a large non-municipal non-residential system
- designated facility serving a large municipal non-residential system
To get a Limited System Certificate:
- Have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- Successfully complete the Operation of Small Drinking Water Systems course, available through the Walkerton Clean Water Centre.
- Apply to write the appropriate Limited System Operator exam from the Ontario Water Wastewater Certification Office. For more information contact OWWCO.
To maintain a Limited System Certificate:
- Complete the mandatory renewal course – visit our courses page to register.
- Complete 21 hours of Director approved continuing education (this includes the mandatory renewal course.)
- Complete 39 hours of on-the-job practical training.
- Meet operational experience requirements.
- Apply to renew your certificate at least one month before it expires from the OWWCO.