The Walkerton Clean Water Centre’s pilot testing service gives operators the opportunity to obtain site specific information on different treatment options for addressing water quality challenges. We have a wide array of equipment housed in our Technology Demonstration Facility that can be customized in our facility or at your remote location.
Contact a member of our Research and Technology team today to discuss how we can help you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Presentations delivered to highlight past pilot testing projects can be found below.
- A Case Study to Reduce Arsenic
- A Pilot Plant Study to Reduce Iron and Manganese
- A study to reduce disinfection by-products in Poplar Hill First Nation’s drinking water system
- Challenges and a Pilot Study on Cyanobacteria and Small Drinking Water Systems
- Challenges to Treat Cyanotoxins from Drinking Water on a Large, Small and Household Scale
- Finding the Source of NDMA Precursors in a Chloraminated System
- Pilot Testing of Selected Technologies for the Removal of Natural Organic Matter for A First Nation Water Treatment Plant
- Pilot Testing Project Report: A Study to Reduce Disinfection By-Products in Red Rock Indian Band’s Drinking Water Supply
- Pilot Testing Services and a Case Study to Reduce Organics
- Practical Reduction of Arsenic From Groundwater: Two Towns With Two Different Solutions
- Reducing Chlorinated Disinfection By-Products in Drinking Water: Pilot Testing Experiences in Ontario First Nation Communities
- Reduction of Iron and Hydrogen Sulfide from a Well System
- Using Fixed Bed Ion Exchange Process to Enhance the Reduction of Organics
To view reports from previously completed pilot testing projects, visit our Pilot Testing Resources post.
Visit our online library’s main webpage to find more resources on topics related to drinking water or view these similar posts.Read More
WCWC had some speakers selected to present at the OWWA Annual Water Conference and Trade Show during the first week of May 2022.
The slides for these presentations can be accessed here:
Visit our online library’s main webpage to find more resources on topics related to drinking water.
Disponible en français.Read More
The Walkerton Clean Water Centre (WCWC) is pleased to launch a new course, Fundamental Math.
This workshop-style course provides drinking water system operators with the opportunity to improve their math skills related to daily operations. Basic concepts will be reviewed, and participants will practice solving calculations related to flow rates, pressure, detention times and dosages using the ABC’s formula/conversion tables. The content incorporates essential math skills required for Operators-In-Training, Class I and II operators and Limited System operators. Participants will receive 0.7 Continuing Education Units.
The new course will be delivered for the first time in conjunction with the Aboriginal Water and Wastewater Association of Ontario’s 25th Annual General Meeting, Training & Tradeshow Conference, February 25–27, 2020 in Orillia, Ontario. A second session is scheduled on April 28, 2020 in Peterborough, Ontario. The cost to register is $360.00 + HST.Read More