These resources were collected for First Nations and Federal systems. Water, Wastewater and water quality guidelines can be found below for reference.
The following organizations can provide more information or assistance.
- Indigenous Services Canada (formerly INAC)
- Chiefs of Ontario
- Health Canada – Environmental and Workplace Health department
- Ontario Water Wastewater Certification Office
- Aboriginal Water and Wastewater Association of Ontario
- Keewaytinook Centre of Excellence
- Circuit Rider Training Program
- Canadian Drinking Water Guidelines
Drinking Water System Resources
Wastewater System Resources
‘This site contains water quality training materials that provides basic information that can help a person learn how to operate and maintain a micro-system (water systems serving up to and including 25 people). The training has been developed by Canadian federal departments as part of a multi-barrier approach to providing safe drinking water in areas of federal jurisdiction, including on federal lands, in federal facilities and/or in First Nations communities. This includes Federal government employees working in Canada, as well as Canadian Coast Guard, Canadian Forces personnel, and Canadian diplomatic mission staff working abroad.
The training is provided in two parts: the main training is in a video or e-Learning format with the second part being an accompanying document that can be printed for more in-depth training.’Read More