This post provides resources for WCWC’s Managing Algae in Drinking Water Systems course.
- Algae Identification field guide
- Algae identification lab guide
- Easy identification of the most common freshwater algae
- Information about Blue-Green Algae: Background, potential impacts to human health and safety of drinking water
- Information about Blue-Green Algae: Information for drinking water system owners and operators
- The Ministry’s 12 Point Action Plan: Blue-Green Algal Blooms and OD Response Procedure
- Algae Blooms in Ontario’s Lakes: Analyzing the Trends
- A Water Utility Manager’s Guide to Cyanotoxins
- Plankton nets
- Real time monitoring
- Monitoring cyanotoxins
- How-to use a microscope
- Under the microscope: diatoms on the move
- How-to analyze cyanotoxins using the Microcystin-LR equivalents ELISA method
Visit our course catalog to view all our training courses and the upcoming schedule or select the course overview below to learn more about this course.
Visit our online library’s main webpage to find more resources on topics related to drinking water.
Disponible en français.Read More