The following links are sorted by their relevance to categories of drinking water systems.
If you are unsure of what regulation your system falls under, the documents below provide information on O. Reg. 170/03 and O. Reg. 319/08 systems.
Large O. Reg. 170/03 Systems
Small O. Reg. 170/03 Systems
O. Reg. 319/08 Systems
The Wells Regulation helps to ensure that groundwater quality, well water quality, and the environment are protected. The following series of technical bulletins were created for water supply well owners.
They summarize information found in the Water Supply Wells: Requirements and Best Management Practices manual published by the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP).
- Completing the New Well’s Structure
- Flowing Wells
- Installing Equipment in a Well
- New Construction of the Hole, Casing, Well Screen and Annular Space
- Siting a New Well
- Well Abandonment: When to Plug and Seal a Well
- Well Abandonment: How to Plug and Seal a Well
- Well Construction Licensing
- Well Disinfection
- Well Maintenance
- Well Repairs and Other Alterations