For the first time, the Walkerton Clean Water Centre (WCWC) is offering a 10 per cent early-bird discount for registrants of the small systems hands-on workshop. The workshop is geared especially to the owners and operators of small systems defined under Ontario Regulation 170/03 and Ontario Regulation 319/08 and will provide opportunities for training that can be used to maintain the Trained Person designation.
Participants will choose three of four modules focusing on the operation and maintenance of small drinking water systems, earning 0.6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs.) Modules are led by industry experts. Planned modules include:
- Sampling, Testing, Adverse Test Results and Corrective Actions
- Small Systems: Maintaining Chemical Pumps — NEW!
- Ultraviolet Disinfection and Maintenance
- Well Maintenance
The workshop will be held on March 25, 2020, 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., in Peterborough.
The cost to register is $230.00 + HST until February 12, 2020.
WCWC will be hosting a number of special training sessions and be represented at key conferences this spring. Lissa Irwin, Training Support Representative, tells us more about four of the upcoming events:
- March 25, 2020: WCWC Small Systems Hands-On Workshop, Peterborough. WCWC is pleased to be hosting our Small Systems Hands-on Workshop geared especially to the owners and operators of small systems defined under Ontario Regulation 170/03 and Ontario Regulation 319/08. This workshop can be used to maintain a “Trained Person” designation as defined under Ontario Regulation 170/03 or receive CEUs for Limited System operators. Participants will rotate sessions throughout the day, earning 0.6 CEUs.
- April 1–2, 2020: Provincial Workshop: Drinking Water Quality Management Standard, Barrie. For the ninth year, WCWC is pleased to host the provincial workshops to continue to support QMS representatives, utility managers, supervisors and staff in their role in the Drinking Water Quality Management Standard (DWQMS). Participants will rotate through breakout sessions over these two-day workshops. Each breakout session will be facilitated by an industry expert and will be highly interactive.
- April 15–16, 2020: Provincial Workshop: Drinking Water Quality Management Standard, Thunder Bay.
- May 4–6, 2020: Ontario’s Water Conference & Trade Show, Niagara Falls. Ontario’s Water Conference & Trade Show consistently attracts over 1,000 delegates from all areas of our industry: operators and owners, manufacturers and suppliers, consultants, academics and regulators. The exhibition has more than 100 exhibitors representing the manufacturers and suppliers of products and services to the water industry. This is a great opportunity to network, and stay informed about technical, regulatory, and equipment developments in the industry. The conference offers a total of eight hours of CEUs for operators. WCWC is proud to be a platinum sponsor.